Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Moore cemetery - May 13, 2023








I wish I had paid better attention to this when I took the pic. Discussion was that this was Patrick O'Grady's grave (of Castlefield), with the McGovern / puddler poet connection.
But the first name I can make out is Mary Connolly. Great-grandfather Thomas's sister Mary marries Michael Connolly. Need more research.


Kath's pic of the Gready/Grady/O'Grady stone:






So, the Dempsey/Dillon connection. I originally thought this was Luke Dillon who married Bridget Dempsey, but the years are wrong (too recent). Instead it appears to be Luke Dillon (son of Luke Dillon and Bridget Dempsey) who marries Bridget Keane. Still, part of the Dempsey Moore/Farm connection.

That mystery still lingers: how is Thomas Dempsey of Moore/Farm related to Thomas and Bernard of Cloonreliagh?


Not sure this is the same Dillon connection, need to research.




1 comment: